Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
WE CATER TO:
All of San Diego County and surrounding area’s. In some cities there may be a small travel fee. First 20 miles from zip-code 92113 will be free then there will be a travel fee of $2.00 per mile thereafter.
The customer is responsible for making sure a reasonably safe, secure, level and spacious area will be made available for the taco cart. We definitely need to be informed if there is debris, stairs, or narrow corners that our cart might have to access. The measurements for our custom cart are as follows: (26’ Inches Wide, 79’ Inches Long, 36’ Inches High)
We have no problem coming out to a venue to see the area we will be serving at before your event (travel charges may apply). All permit requirements for outdoor service (ie, parks, beaches, public areas) are the customer’s responsibility.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
There is a $100 deposit required for all orders and to “save the date”. We accept all credit cards, company check, personal checks and cash payments. Remaining balance must be paid by company check, Cash or Credit Card only.
Full balance must be paid 24 hours before event. (Payment arrangements available upon request).
Checks can be mailed to PO BOX 13267 San Diego CA 92170
Simply making any kind of inquiry on our website or by email, the “free quote” request form, etc. will not create any kind of binding catering contract. Our service will only be secured when we receive a deposit and you receive a booking confirmation.
Deposits are non-refundable unless you have cancelled 14 days prior to event. THERE ARE NO CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER. SDTC SHOWS UP RAIN OR SHINE.
SERVICE CHARGE & GRATUITY POLICY:
A 20% service charge will be added to every bill (unless otherwise noted) along with California State Tax. Please note that the service fee is not a tip. Our service fee goes into maintenance, overhead and gas. San Diego Taco Company does not require any gratuity or tipping. Tipping at the event is optional.
Our service is for 3 hours. One hour ½ of cooking on site, and One ½ hours of serving your guests. But we also like to go with the flow of the event, if we feel we owe you some time we will stay accordingly. We typically serve for an hour 1/2, unless all the food has been consumed. Additional hours of service can be negotiated. We charge $50.00 an hour for additional hours. You may keep any left-over food as long as you provide us with something to package it up with. We average approximately 3-4 tacos per person.
DISCREPANCIES or DISPUTES:
Any discrepancies or disputes with our service must be presented to San Diego Taco Company within 14 days of event to be considered for any type of compensation or refund.
Below is some additional information that we have come across as being useful for deciding if you want to hire us for your event.
- Our signature meats are grilled over mesquite. They will have a smoked flavor.
- If we do cook on-site expect a good amount of smoke to be created from the grill.
- Our set up is very simple we use white or black linen with white or black serving bowls. Our set up is very casual.
- Our orders are not an unlimited buffet. We average about 3-4 tacos per person plus one quesadilla.
- We bring the kitchen to you. We try our very best to be as neat and clean as possible. We provide a floor mat for protection. If you do want extra protection please provide an additional floor mat, tarp, or even cardboard for added protection. Please note that we cannot guarantee that there will be no grease spillage.
- We are a licensed catering business with necessary insurance, health permits, workman compensation, our servers have food handler’s cards, plus we operate out of a full size catering kitchen.
REQUEST A QUICK QUOTE
I highly recommend San Diego Taco Company! My husband and I hired them for my mother’s surprise 60th Birthday Party and they exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious, by far the best we’ve tasted and all of our guests were very satisfied! May I say the fish taco’s….Wow! They were the talk of the night! The customer service was great as well, we had absolutely no issues. Thank you San Diego Taco Company! -Amanda L.